PRECINCT COMMITTEEMEN ELECTIONS ARE GOING ON NOW.
Precinct committeemen are ELECTED in each primary election and serve a two-year term. The next election is August 4, 2020 but many precincts are NOT full and you can become an appointed PC.
Elected PCs vote on the district, county, and state party leadership as well as the party platform.
Becoming an elected PC isn’t difficult; most PCs who run are elected. If you are a registered Republican, you’re qualified to be a Republican PC. Like a candidate for any other elected office, there are signatures to gather and paperwork to file. Here’s a step-by-step guide to the process.
Instructions below are for the 2020 election:
- Find your district and precinct.
- Verify that you’re registered as a Republican at your current home address.
- Download and complete the Nomination Paper Declaration of Qualification.
- Fill out the form.
- File your completed affidavit of qualification and signature petition form with signatures. You can mail or hand-deliver them to any branch of the County Recorder’s Office. Note: You do NOT have to turn this paperwork into the Chairman of your district. You can personally mail it or hand-deliver it to the County Recorder’s office.
- You can begin to file PC paperwork on March 7, 2020. Completed forms must be must be received by 5:00pm on Wednesday, May 20th, 2020.(postmarks do not count).
- You can mail your PC paperwork to: Elections MCTEC Office, 510 S. Third Avenue Phoenix, AZ 85003. Again, please note that if you decide to mail it, it must be received by 5pm on Monday, May 20th, 2020…postmarks do NOT count.
- If this is too far you may contact your LD leadership and they will help you.
After the write-in deadline which is May 20th, the County Recorder’s Office will publish a list of candidates. Verify that your name is on the list.
As of (date will be posted in 2020), if there are more available positions than candidates, your name will not appear on the ballot, but you will be elected. If there are more candidates than available positions, your name will appear on the ballot.